Current: GEN Sierra Leone/Innovation Sierra Leone:
Francis has cross industry experience, having worked in primary, secondary, knowledge and Quinary industries. In addition, Francis has worked in small, medium, and large organisations in senior management roles and as a consultant. In the past 14 years,
Francis has been a successful serial entrepreneur. He started 5 of his own companies [e-trade Africa, Mednews, Sabi Learning, Innovation Africa, F&F Solar] and has been part of the start-up team of 3 companies [Grunderneshus, Travelgate, Nomad Media] and has consultant/Manager for 3 early stage companies [Fronter, Moota Telecom, Bright Products] (taking them global).
Francis has also done consulting work for the IFC, The Foundation for Sustainable Development, and NORAD.
He has vast International Network, Hands on experience, Broad Industry Experience, Deep knowledge of markets, Experience with Norwegian support facilities for internationalisation, connected to start-up environment in Norway, Global connections (USA, Africa, Asia, Middle East, North Africa).
• Accomplished Author
• Entrepreneurship Development/Innovation Management (project management, product development, service innovation)
• Start-ups-business model development internationally focused
• Experienced Analyst-Business, macro Economics, Int. Relations
• Providing Leadership, contextual intelligence, leveraging technology
• Relationship building, multiple skill sets to apply, & problem solving
• Market Entry Expert, marketing/operations strategist
• Entrepreneurship Development and Management
• Problem Solving-Innovation Management, Analytical, Strategic thinking, Interpreting results, research, Creative approaches
• Leadership-motivator, trustworthy, inspiring
• Communications-writing, presenting, building relationships
• Information Technology
In a nutshell:
• 25 years of experience in international companies/ organisations and multinational teams; Senior management; managing complex sales processes; building relationships; developing & managing distributions channels; leveraging technology in and outside organisations.
• Entrepreneurship development, Innovation Management, e-business strategy. Experience with teaching/learning environments.
• Broad Industry Experience: Agri-business, Renewable Energy (Solar Energy), Information Technology, The Internet, Mobile/Technology, Creative projects. Hands on experience: Deep knowledge of markets. Able to identify new opportunities.
• Strong analytical skills in Business, marketing, macro Economics & Int. Relations with a focus on emerging and developing markets.
• Internalisation; Strong command of international business protocols and experience conducting business with foreign officials and executives across the globe.
• Charismatic, expert relationship builder, channel developer, negotiator, writing and presenting.
Francis was born in Sierra Leone.
Went to boarding school in the UK. Graduated from the London School of Economics and Political Science with BSc Economics and International Relations (1989); has an MBA from the Norwegian School of Management (1993- Top Student) and a Masters in Innovation, E-enterprise and Leadership (2005).
The Government of Sierra Leone (GoSL), through its Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), invited IFC Advisory
Services to assist in creating a national micro, small, and medium enterprise (MSME) development strategy