Startup Open is a global competition that is open to entrepreneurs from any industry with a new business that has yet to raise any outside capital from angel investors, venture capital firms or other formal sources of seed funding.
Startup Open recognizes the most promising ventures from around the world– based on their growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and pitching skills. A diverse cast of entrepreneurial leaders will judge and select the entries to advance. The finalists will then compete for a grand prize trip to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress (GEC) in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2017. The finalists will be announced during GEW, November 14-20, 2016.
Applicants will have until September 30 to submit a qualifying startup.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications will be accepted from July 1, 2016, until September 30, 2016.
- Applications will only be accepted online through the Startup Compete platform or through an officially approved National Competition.
- It is not required that a startup be incorporated, but a company cannot be incorporated over 18 months to compete.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges who are looking at a range of criteria including growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and their pitching skills.
- Each judge’s score is weighed equally.
- Prizes are nontransferable.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and municipal laws.