Marketing and Communications Associate
The Global Entrepreneurship Network is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Associate to coordinate the communications output for the Global Entrepreneurship Network, with global headquarters in Washington, D.C., to help empower young innovators through networking, skills building, mentoring and access to financing to develop startup solutions that address economic and development challenges.
Through a collection of programs and activities it directs, the Global Entrepreneurship Network works throughout the year to help entrepreneurs start and grow new firms. The ideal candidate should be an energetic, innovative individual with a global perspective to help tell the GEN story and create enthusiasm and engagement around the resources and related projects the organization provides.
The Marketing and Communications Associate will work under the supervision of the Executive Vice President as well as the Marketing and Communications Manager and the Director for Digital Products to help develop and implement strategies and structures to maximize the team’s communications outputs – for example, creating, designing and delivering outgoing communications including emails, blogs, social media pushes, news updates, press releases, brochures and social media cards, newsletters, presentations, webinars and proposals.
The position may require infrequent / occasional international travel. This is an entry-level position and salary is commensurate with experience.
- Assist with development of and lead implementation of marketing and communication plans
- Lead in the development and implementation of social media strategy for core channels
- Manage select social media communities, including those on Twitter and Facebook
- Monitor and report social media and newsletter analytics
- Assist in the development of content creation plans
- Create marketing and promotional materials, company literature (core content) and other forms of communication for both print and electronic dissemination
- Design, launch and manage email marketing campaigns and databases for select projects
- Create and post content for the website including impact stories, event updates and member submissions
- Copyedit, proofread and revise communications
- Ensure brand consistency and professionalism on all external pieces
- Create and deliver press releases and media relations content
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or other related field required
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Solid organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office especially Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and other Creative Suite programs.
- Familiarity with social media and outreach platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SproutSocial, HashTracking and MailChimp.
- Familiarity with basic HTML and content management systems (Drupal experience a plus)
- Fluency in multiple languages and international work experience a plus.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter, your resume and a writing sample to Jessica Wray at email@example.com and please put "Associate Application" in the subject line.
Digital Product Manager
GEN is seeking a Digital Product Manager to manage the evolution of our technology platform/s. The Digital Product Manager is responsible for creating and converting high-level goals into a product roadmap and goals, and working with the design and development teams to build out existing and new platform needs. The Digital Product Manager will communicate with stakeholders, identify, scope, and prioritize feature sets, manage the creation of new functionality, and help manage expectations for internal team members and end clients and customers. The Digital Product Manager will drive toward successful outcomes and will have opportunities to take ownership over entire sub-products of the platform.
GEN is looking for an individual with progressively responsible experience with website development management/project management/product management who is intimately familiar with Drupal 7. This person will be comfortable communicating, managing subcontractors, providing recommendations to external and internal stakeholders, flagging issues as they arrive, and steering the development of our technology tools.
The digital product manager will
- Will work from existing statement of work and timeline and determine best solutions for fulfillment, including identifying additional feature specifications for existing tools as well as leading the buildout of new tools.
- Will identify specific requirements for development of deliverables.
- Will wireframe new features and liaise with designer.
- Will meet with client to define deliverable features based on platform capabilities.
- Will be first line of communication with client and partners.
- Will manage development team, appropriately assigning tasks, ticketing issues, and determining outcome of ticket.
- Will provide recommendations for optimization of Drupal website modules.
- Will provide ongoing recommendations to improve UX of site.
- Will provide relevant reports on site metrics, project development, and ongoing issues.
Reports to Director for Digital Products.
- Drupal 7 proficiency
- Demonstrated successful project management or product management
- Drupal Optimization tools (Ex. New Relic, Memory Profiler, etc)
- Strong UX
- Must be in the Washington D.C. area and be available for in-person meetings
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with data architecture
- Experience with other competition platforms
- Experience with community building tools
- Ability to establish priorities and find the best solution for business needs while respecting technical limitations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to focus on details
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent thinker
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $29.00 to $34.00 /hour